Friday, June 5, 2009

The Walrus Post

Here's one I wrote in November related to a daily quest in Dragonblight that players do to earn rep with the Kalu'ak faction.  Thanks to Spoggerific for copying the text onto Wowhead.  The World of Warcraft forums lost the thread, which was located here, and contained a funny parody of Lewis Carroll's poem  "The Walrus and the Carpente," and some animated speculation about just what the Kalu'ak are actually doing with the little Wolvar. 

If anyone has the full thread, please send me a link.

Here is the text:

Elder Walrus: "Hi. I'm a walrus. We're the good guys. I promise."

Player: "Okay."

Walrus: "There are some guys we don't like. Their village is up on that hill."

Player: "Okay."

Walrus: "So I've got this sack right here."

Player: "I see."

Walrus: "What you are going to do is take this sack over to their village and fill it with their babies. As many babies as you can steal, just go ahead and stuff them in this sack."

Player: "Uh, what?"

Walrus: "Sack full of babies. Bring me a sack full of babies. Like, a dozen."

Player: "Are you sure you don't want me to just bring back their poop?"

Walrus: "By the way, the guys we don't like are dog guys, so the babies you're stuffing in a sack are also puppies."

Player: "Seriously?"

Walrus: "Yeah. Don't worry. We're totally not going to eat the babies. But if you want to come back tomorrow and swipe us another sackful, that would be awesome."

No comments:

Post a Comment